Summer is almost here and it’s time to start getting back in shape. It is so hard for me to find extra time in the day to exercise but that is never an excuse to not stay healthy. Exercising daily is important to me so I have come up with a few tricks that I do at work to help me simultaneously be productive at work while strengthening my body.
1. I have a standing desk so I don’t get stuck sitting all day.
2. If I do get tired of standing, I sit on an exercise ball, which helps my posture.
3. While sitting, lift your left leg up until it touches the top of your desk, repeat with your right.
4. You can strengthen your core by rotating your waist as far to the left, then as far to the right as you can, while holding for 5 seconds on each side.
5. Rotate each ankle in both directions helping to strengthen flexibility and avoid stiffness.
These are just a few easy tips, but it is better than sitting at a desk for 9 hours straight!